08 Jun Vacancy: Business Administration Internship – Thebe Tourism Group, located at Kruger Shalati
Kruger Shalati: An iconic and unique product set to be created in the heart of Kruger National Park. The very first visitors to Kruger National park entered by train which was parked on the exact same spot where our experience will await guests: The Selati bridge, adjacent to Skukuza camp. Kruger’s first warden, James Steven-Hamilton welcomed his visitors nearly 100 years ago where they dined in the bush in a make-shift Boma complete with Piano playing next to the firepit while rangers made sure any hungry predators stayed at bay while the guest enjoyed the experience. At night they would retract back into the train where they slept before the train moved onto its next destination the next day.
As part of our community skills development initiatives, we are looking to appoint a vibrant, energetic graduate/intern (Internship Programme) with a National Diploma/Degree in Business Administration/ Public Administration or related industry for a period of 12 months.
Location: Kruger Shalati – Skukuza, Mpumalanga
- Assist in coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies;
- Assist in keeping stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary;
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for management;
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.);
- Assist with the filing requirements;
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures;
- Create and update assigned records and databases;
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary;
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary;
- National Diploma/Degree in Business Administration/ Public Administration etc;
- South African Citizen between 18 – 35 years;
- Be available immediately and reside within proximity;
- Good organizational skills with high attention to detail;
- Good oral and written communication skills as well as good email etiquette;
- Good general computer and internet literacy, e.g. MS Office applications, Dropbox, Google docs;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Other South African or foreign language skills advantageous;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment that requires quick reaction and decision-making;
- Ability to remain strictly confidential;
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and/or assignments simultaneously;
- Team player with a proactive, positive mindset;
Notes about this position:
- This is a paid internship for a set period of 12 months.
- The candidate will be required to be in the office in Skukuza from Monday – Friday.
- Housing will unfortunately not be provided.
- Only apply if you qualify for this role based on the criteria
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to submit a certified copy of their qualifications, ID Copy with a detailed CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 14 June 2019
Should you not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.